Jun 8, 2014

MODRA

The newest and GREATEST thing that I've laid my eyes on is a company named MODRA. Now, I cannot express enough how cool and creative this team is when creating their textiles. Three people run the show: Tamalyn Shea (Co-founder/Creative Director), Fernando Apodaca (Co-Founder/Art Director), and Sarah Shea (Co-Founder/Designer). I was fortunate enough to meet these three at the ITMA Showtime event in High Point, NC. Each artist seemed truly passionate about their artwork and it was obvious in the fabrics they displayed. After speaking with the three, they explained how their design process works and it's truly something interesting. Inspired by nature and fine art, the MODRAdesign brings originality to the textile world. The designs are created from such things as charcoal, wood,  paper, oil paint and ink and transformed onto such fabrics as wool, linen, cotton and velvet. Each fabric is first created in a piece of artwork and then the design is transferred to the preferred fabric. This is by far my favorite brand and I have the hopes of working with them in the future with my designs! Definitely check them out, their website is: modradesign.com and they also have a Facebook and blog.
Enjoy!

Photos provided by MODRAdesigns:






No comments:

Post a Comment