Feb 10, 2014

Could I truly be a time-traveler?

I can more or less bet all the money in the world that I am from a different generation. Just in case you were wondering, yes, I do go to bed at 8:30 in the afternoon and yes I do find the greatest old-lady blouses at the local Goodwill to tuck into my overly high mom-jeans. Now, you may not think that's very cool, but old stuff is genuinely better. It's made better, it has age on it and it has a weirdly awesome connection with a stranger you'll never meet. Out with the old in with the new, you say? I'm not buying that (literally, not buying that.) Just bare with me here; I'm not yelling out to go buy every dusty antique you've ever seen or anything. But there's a time in life where expressing yourself through your home makes you a happier person. It screams "HEY! THIS IS ME!" Just find items that you connect with, things that you love, things that make you happy. These antique and vintage items have already lasted decades, so why not give them a new life in a new house :) Check out the photos below to see how a few old accessories can really bring a room to life!

Photos provided by:
Pinterest
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment